Why do some people play sport? And why do some simply not want to join in?
Sport England has developed nineteen sporting segments to help us understand the nation's attitudes to sport, their motivations and barriers.
For more detail on the development of these segments click here.
Using this site you can:
- Find out more about Segments and answer questions such as ‘what is the dominant segment in my local authority area’ or ‘which segment lives within the catchment of my sports centre’ or ‘where can I find Leanne?’
- Explore a particular Sport and answer questions such as ‘which segments are more likely to play my sport’ or ‘which segments play team sports’ or ‘in this area, where are the people located who are more likely to play tennis?’
- Investigate further Characteristics about the segments and answer questions such as ‘where are people located who would like to play sport to lose weight?’
Possible output formats include:
- Maps of your area of interest with query results overlaid.
- Bar charts showing results within chosen catchment areas.
- Tables containing the query results.
Additionally you may download a tabulated export of the raw data in order to perform your own analysis and plots.